Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering Technology, Can Tho University was established in August 2001, originally named the Department of Electrical and Automatic Control Engineering, in May 2005 was renamed into the current Department of Electrical Engineering.
Department tasked Electrical Engineering training, teaching modules on the power sector such as electrical equipment, power supply, power system, automatic control...
Faculty dedicated, qualified and experienced. Department staff have been trained postgraduate, improve and abroad.
Over the years, Can Tho University has invested in the modernization of facilities for the laboratory, ensure specialized teaching with new and modern equipment. Department has established two specialized groups:
- The specialized Industrical Electricity:
- Understanding of the electronic devices such as the structure, principle of operation, design calculations, all kinds of electric tools, electric motor repairing.
- Understanding of control, low voltage networks, substations; Calculate the loss voltage, short circuit; Low voltage equipment selection, design and installation of control cabinet, improve the power factor to reduce power loss;
- The Electrical Power System: understanding of power plants, substations, power grid, power system design, operation and control, power system planning
Department has 8 laboratories:
- Electrical Engineering Lab
- Industrical Electricity Lab
- Electrical Materials Lab
- Relay Protection Lab
- Electrical Power System Lab
- Electrical Engineering Skill Lab
- Electrical Measurement Lab
- Power Electronics and Machine Drive Lab
- Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Technology, Can Tho University
- Campus II, 3/2 street, Cantho city, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 2923 872 142 - Fax: +94 2923 831 151